The Year of the Black (or Blue) Water Tiger is rushing to us at full steam and it’s time to create a symbolic New Year’s decor with your own hands. Why are Tiger figurines so popular? First, it’s beautiful. And secondly, a cute and cute tiger with your own hands can be an excellent Christmas or New Year’s gift for your loved ones.
All needlewomen and those who are just learning can make an excellent amulet in the Year of the Tiger with their own hands. For example, crochet using the amigurumi technique or cut out of colored paper.
We at Joy-pup will show you some ideas on how and from what to make a tiger craft with your own hands. See, try, share your experience and create with us!
What can you make a Tiger for the New Year 2022 with your own hands?
First, we want to warn you: we know that in the market and in souvenir shops there are a bunch of Chinese toys in the form of the Tiger, which is the patron saint of 2022 according to the Eastern calendar. However, creating crafts with your own hands, you put the love and warmth of your heart into your work. Such a product has no price, and if you present it for the New Year to a loved one or a close friend, he will be very grateful to you.
What can you make a Tiger with your own hands? A toy or figure in the shape of a symbol for the upcoming year 2022 can be made from a variety of materials using the most common techniques:
- knit or crochet from yarn;
- felted out of wool;
- sew a tiger from felt and synthetic winterizer or other fabric;
- make a Christmas toy tiger with your own hands;
- make a pillow in the shape of a tiger;
- to mold a tiger figurine from polymer clay, salt dough, plasticine;
- weave a gorgeous tiger from beads;
- cut a tiger out of paper, cardboard, foamiran;
- make creative tiger figurines from scrap materials.
We will show you several techniques and options for crafts for the Year of the Tiger in this publication. Photos, videos and step-by-step instructions on how to make a 2022 tiger, see below.
DIY felt tiger: an idea for the New Year 2022
A toy in the shape of a tiger cub can be made from felt at home. To do this, you will need, in fact, the felt itself (0.5 white, beige, orange and black), threads, a needle, filler, glue, blush, a marker and a pattern.
To make it easier for you, print the pattern or circle it on the computer screen. Cut out the details of the pattern first on paper.
And then we transfer the details to the fabric.
- Orange felt is the head, tail, paws, torso.
- For the rim of the eyes and muzzle, take white felt.
- For the rim of the face and chest – beige.
- For ears and heels – pink felt.
- Cut the strips, details of the ears and the tip of the tail from black felt.
We take the part of the head and apply the rim of the muzzle and eyes to it. Sew the needle back seam.
We connect the parts as shown in the photo.
- Pink blanks for ears and hind legs.
- First we fix the black stripes on the tail with glue, and then sew. If there are more strips of black felt, cut off the excess.
- Sew the details of the ears in two with a stitching seam.
- We also sew 2 parts of the body, having previously sewn the breast onto one of them. We leave a hole in the body for the filler.
- We sew and fill in all pairs of details of our future tiger cub one by one.
- While securing the ears, we first place them on the back of the head. Then we sew it from the front, filling it with padding polyester.
- Sew the nose to the detail of the face, embroider the mouth and eyebrows. We connect all parts to each other with a glue gun.
- Glue black strips on the forehead and back of the tiger cub’s head. Glue pink circles on the legs. Cut out and glue the eyes on the face.
- Apply a light blush to the cheeks of the tiger cub.
A soft toy in the shape of a Tiger can be made according to other patterns. Look at the photo for several options.
Using these patterns, you can also cut out applications for the Tiger New Year’s crafts with your own hands .
DIY tiger on the Christmas tree: hand made Christmas toy
You can make an exclusive DIY Christmas tree toy in the form of a cute and bright tiger from simple and affordable materials. To work you will need:
- foam sphere;
- felt black and white;
- orange tape, 6 mm wide.
- details for the tiger’s face – nose, eyes, cheeks.
- loop for attaching toys to the Christmas tree.
- nail file;
- glue gun;
Grinding the sphere with a nail file.
We wrap the sphere with tape.
We attach the details of the tiger’s face.
We cut out the ears of the tiger from felt with our own hands.
We make strips as shown in the photo.
Add details for the New Year’s toy, attach the loop and enjoy the fruits of our work.
For a detailed master class on how to make a New Year’s tiger for a Christmas tree with your own hands, see the video.
DIY Christmas tiger: cool DIY craft ideas
DIY tiger 2022 can be made from any materials:
- from paper;
- from colored cardboard;
- from paper or plastic cups;
- from wooden sticks;
- from disposable plates;
- from clothespins.
You can find ideas for crafts in the photo.
How to make a bright paper tiger, see the video.