If you thought finding an exclusive wedding ring or “the one” dress was the most difficult of the pleasant pre-wedding chores, then get ready – you have to decide on the perfect wedding nail art as well. Due to this Joy-pup article you’ll acquaint yourself with the most popular types and techniques of wedding manicure 2020-2021.
Wedding manicure for the bride: common trends
The bride’s manicure should be laconic, elegant and unshowy and it also should harmonize with the hairstyle, makeup and the image in general. The color scheme should match the wedding dress, so choose white, nude, beige, cream, peach, pale pink, pastel, silver shades. Bright colors will only be appropriate as accents in the main nail design. You can emphasize the elegance of nail art with stones, crystals, powder, sequins, foil, glitterю.
Floral designs and motifs, veil and ombre techniques prevail in wedding manicure 2020-2021. For brides who prefer a simple yet classic style, French manicure and its variations will be the best choice. Those who like viable options are advised to choose short (up to 5 mm) or medium nails in the shape of an oval or almond. They look beautiful in wedding photos, where the focus is often on the bride’s fingers.
Nail shape for a wedding manicure
- The length of the bride’s fingers should be noticed while choosing the shape of nails for a wedding manicure.
- The absolute hit of the 2020-2021 season is the almond shape of the nails. They will look stylish and incredibly feminine on a delicate hand with thin fingers and a long nail plate. Any type of manicure can be applied on almond nails.
- Those who have large hands with wide palms should choose a round nail shape of short length. Such a manicure will give your hands a delicate sophistication, but it’s not recommended to cover them with voluminous modeling.
- Square shape is perfect for elegant French manicure. The best length is medium.
- Long and sharp stiletto nails are the choice of extravagant brides. Such a manicure will look beautiful on thin fingers, visually lengthening them. But if you are not used to such a shape, but you really want to impress the guests, ask the artist to make the nail shorter.
- Ballerina nails got their name from the resemblance to ballerina’s shoes. Their main feature is their narrow square ends. This shape is good for any length and thickness of nails.
Veil or lace manicure
Lace manicure captivates with detailed and textured patterns that resemble the lace. It creates a romantic atmosphere and complements the bride’s dress or veil on her most important day. This technique is done with a thin brush or stamping.
You can also get the lace manicure done at home using shellac gel, UV lamp and a beautiful stamping design. Beforehand, you need to practice a little so that the wedding manicure is perfect and matches other elements of the outfit. The pattern can be decorated with a couple of small rhinestones that work as an accent, but it’s important not to overdo with decoration.
A lace manicure can be combined with a French. Replacing the white tip of the nails with a lace pattern is a very unusual solution that looks simply charming and non-standard.
Perfect French manicure for the wedding
French is loved for its elegance and good taste. Both the classic and its variations are appropriate in any wedding look. French is usually done on long square-shaped nails, but now artists can apply it even on sharp stiletto and ballerina nails.
You can refresh the French manicure with stones, sparkles, beads, stickers, geometry, 3D modeling. In addition to the usual white, the edge is highlighted with other delicate shades, and the transition between colors is done using a gradient.
A new style of the old classic.
Matte nail manicure for a wedding
Matte manicure on short nails can emphasize the tenderness and grace of the bride. It captivates with its velvety texture and deep shades. Monochrome matte gel polish on nails is chic by itself, and in combination with decorative elements, the effect is amazing. The matte finish is beautifully combined with the “negative space” technique, which leaves nails areas untouched by polish.
Wedding Manicure 2020 – playful Ombre
The ombre technique goes well with any wedding dress. Gradient colors are traditionally white and pastel. Nail artists can combine 3-4 shades on long nails. The tip of the nail is usually white (or the lightest shade of the chosen ones), smooth transitions end at the lunula with the darkest color. It can be performed not only horizontally, but also vertically, angle-wise, from the center of the nail.