In the annual Expat City Ranking, the capital of Portugal was ranked third out of sixty-six in terms of attractiveness for emigration. Over the year, the Portuguese capital increased its lead by three whole points — from sixth place in 2019 to third place in 2020.
Thus, 82% of immigrants feel in Lisbon at home, and 79% are satisfied with their social life. Moreover, 99% of migrants are confident in the city’s safety, 96% are happy with the climate, and 89% — with local leisure-time activities. In 2020, the Portuguese capital outranked even the famous Singapore, as well as Madrid and Panama. For the first place, Lisbon has to compete with the Spanish cities — Valencia and Alicante.
The best way to move to Lisbon and enjoy the benefits of one of the best European capitals is to obtain a Portuguese residence permit by investment. The Migronis experts call the Portuguese Golden Visa program the best one in 2020 regarding the price-opportunities ratio.
Golden Visa offers five investment options and allows you to obtain a Portuguese residence permit in the shortest possible time — up to eight months. Moreover, the process requires only one visit to the country. On Migronis.com you can find comprehensive information on how to choose the best investment option and how to get Portuguese citizenship.
Residence permit in Portugal by investment: requirements and conditions
To obtain a residence permit in Portugal, you can choose one of the following options:
- Investment in real estate: you need to invest €500,000 in any object or €300,000 in property to be reconstructed.
- Investment in the country’s economy: the minimum investment, in this case, is €1,000,000.
- Employment creation: you need to invest at least €350,000 in business and create ten jobs in the country.
- Investment in scientific research: the minimum investment is €350,000.
- Portuguese funds equity acquisition: you must invest at least €350,000.
There are several simple requirements for those who are going to apply for a residence permit in Portugal:
- you need to have an unblemished personal and business reputation
- be out of the sanctions lists or among the persons prohibited from entering the European Union countries, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, and Canada
- to confirm the legality of the invested finance origin
- have no criminal record or not to be investigated for a criminal offense.
The investor can add to the application:
- unmarried children
- children with mental or physical disabilities (their age does not matter)
- parents (in-laws included).
All of them will receive a residence permit in Portugal.
From January 1, 2022, the conditions for obtaining a Portuguese residence permit will be severed. The amount of the minimum investment will increase in all options except for the real estate purchase. It will be forbidden to invest in real estate in Lisbon, Porto, and coastal areas. Investors who want to obtain a Golden Visa should hurry up with their applications. More information about all changes in the investment program of Portugal you can find on migronis.com and receive free individual advice from experts there.