Mulled wine is a great hot drink that anyone can make. It usually consists of dry red wine, so you should drink it carefully. By the way, it’s not necessary to add alcohol to mulled wine, you can make a fragrant warm drink on your own using fruits and grape juice. It will be very useful to get a good portion of vitamins during the fall or winter season.
At Joy-pup we always try everything that we advise our readers, so we can’t wait to share the best recipes for homemade mulled wine with you. Let’s keep warm together!
Classic mulled wine with honey and lemon
For a classic recipe, you should use dry red wine. The light sourness of lemon and the summer sweetness of fragrant honey make this drink delightful. To make classic mulled wine at home, take the following products:
- a bottle of dry red wine (0.7 L);
- a tablespoon of honey;
- a pinch of cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg;
- 6 dried clove flower heads;
- 5 peas of allspice;
- half a lemon.
- Pour wine into a saucepan.
- The moment it gets warm, add spices and honey.
- Squeeze lemon juice and pour it into the wine.
- Stir the liquid not letting it boil.
- Once the spice scum disappears, turn off the heat and cover the mulled wine for 15 minutes. You can wrap the pan with a towel or blanket.
Serve the flavored drink in tall cups or glasses.
Tip! The temperature of the wine during cooking shouldn’t overcome 70-80 degrees. Following this rule, you will keep all the useful properties of honey and cook a real delicious mulled wine.
A simple gluhwein recipe with apple and orange
It won’t take you much time to make this drink at home. Unless you start drinking wine much earlier … So, we should take the following ingredients:
- 1 liter of red dry wine;
- 2 apples
- 200 grams of sugar;
- 1 orange
- a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Pour wine into a pot or saucepan.
- Add sugar, spices, diced apple, and half-rings cut orange.
- Warm the wine up but don’t let it boil, and remove the drink from the heat.
- Wait 5 minutes, then strain and pour into cups or glasses.
Mulled wine with ginger and citrus for fighting a cold
During the autumn-winter season, no one is protected from illnesses and colds. As soon as you feel chills or weakness, warm the body with spicy and flavored gluhwein. This drink will also enrich you with a good portion of vitamins, so you should definitely make it.
For ginger mulled wine recipe you will need:
- a bottle of red wine (0.7 liters of dry or semi-sweet);
- 3 tablespoons of honey;
- half a lemon;
- 1 orange;
- one sour apple;
- ginger root, about 5×5 cm in size;
- 5 dry clove buds;
- cinnamon stick;
- 2 pcs. cardamom;
- half a teaspoon of ground nutmeg;
- 4 peas of black pepper.
To make this medicinal drink at home, you should follow some simple steps.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Cut unpeeled apple, orange, and lemon to bits or slices.
- Start heating the wine, then add spices (except nutmeg), fruits and ginger.
- Heat the aromatic-spicy wine to 70-75 degrees (not more) and add nutmeg.
- Turn off the heat.
- Cover and leave on a warm stove for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain and pour the immune-boosting mulled wine into cups or glasses. Add honey.
Tip! It is better to take the whole nutmeg and grind it just before making mulled wine.
Fragrant gluhwein made of white wine with raspberries
This delicious drink will not only warm you in the winter but also remind you of the hot summer. Take the following ingredients:
- 500 ml of dry white wine;
- 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- 200 g raspberries (can be frozen);
- 1 vanilla pod (or bag).
- Pour wine into a saucepan, add sugar and raspberries.
- Cut the vanilla pod and add its contents to the mulled wine.
- Grind the pod itself and put it to the pan.
- Preheat the drink to 70-80 degrees and remove from heat.
- Remove the vanilla and pour the aromatic potion into the cups.
Non-alcohol mulled wine made from grape juice
Children will love this magical drink: it will warm, give a surge of vivacity and strength.
To make a delicious alcohol-free mulled wine, take the following products:
- liter of dark grape juice;
- 4 buds of cloves;
- 2 pieces of star anise;
- ground ginger root – ⅓ teaspoon;
- ground cinnamon – ¼ teaspoon;
- 1 lemon;
- nutmeg – on the tip of a knife.
- Mix all the spices and aromatic seasonings.
- Take the freestones out of the lemon and cut to 6-8 slices.
- Heat the juice. Do not boil!
- Add lemon and spices to hot juice, mix and cover.
- Turn off the heat and let it brew.
Enjoy warm or slightly hot non-alcohol mulled wine.
Tip! As shop-bought grape juice purchased has sufficient sweetness, you don’t need to add sugar or honey. Add a spoonful of honey to homemade natural juice.
You can also read how to fight Seasonal Affective Disorder with the help of delicious anti-depressants.
Only registered users can leave comments