Sometimes you cook more meat or fish and hope that you won’t have to go slave over a hot stove for a couple of days. But on the second day, households want something new and tasty. It’s possible to vary regular dishes with the help of sauces.
Joy-pup editorial team has prepared different delicious fish sauce recipes and will share their cooking secrets with pleasure.
Sauces moisturize dry foods and make the flat aroma of food more pronounced, so we should learn how to prepare and use them while cooking.
Unlike the store ones, home-made fish sauces don’t have the taste of vinegar and chemicals. This salmon sauce tastes like tartar.
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- pickled cucumbers – 3 pcs.;
- sour cream – 120 g;
- dill – a few fronds.
The sauce is done in a few minutes:
Put garlic, pickled cucumbers and dill into a blender bowl and chop finely. Add sour cream and mix with a spoon without beating.
Creamy fish sauce
White creamy fish sauce for fish will perfectly bring out the flavour of fish. It will mask any imperfections in cooking, as well as palatability traits of river fish.
- butter – 50 g;
- cream – 100 g;
- flour – 1 tsp.;
- lemon – 1/2 pcs.;
- ground pepper;
How to cook creamy fish sauce (step by step recipe with photo)
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon.
- Fry the flour in a dry frying pan until it gets cream tint.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Pour the flour into the melted butter. Mix well.
- Cook the sauce on a small fire and pour a thin stream of cream into it.
- If you want a sauce with potherbs, then chop the herbs of rosemary, dill or parsley and add it after pouring the cream. The sauce is also delicious without them.
- Stir constantly and boil for 2 minutes until it thickens.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Pour in lemon juice and mix.
The creamy sauce can be adapted to different types of fish. After pouring the cream add:
- grated cheese, if you cook salmon;
- mustard for mackerel;
- herbs and lime juice for river fish.
Sauce to serve with fried fish
Soya-wine sauce for fish has a bright and rich taste. It’s great with baked or fried fish. Even the driest fish, such as cod or pike perch, will taste much better with this sauce.
- white wine – 200 ml;
- allspice – 2-3 peas;
- bay leaf – 1 pcs.;
- olives – 5 pcs.;
- tomato – 1 tbsp.;
- tabasco – 2 drops;
- basil – a pinch;
- oregano – a pinch;
- thyme – a pinch;
- sugar – 1 tsp.;
- broth (any) – 100 ml;
- soy sauce – 2 tbsp.;
- garlic – 3 cloves;
- melted butter – 1 tbsp.;
- parsley – a few twigs.
How to cook the sauce for fried fish:
- Start with tomatoes and olives. Finely chop the green olives with a knife. Remove the peel and the seeds from the tomatoes. Chop them into small pieces. You’ll need 1 tablespoon for the sauce.
- Grind the parsley.
- Melt the butter (you need 1 tbsp.)
- Pour the wine into a stewpan, add three peas of allspice and bay leaf. Boil for about 5 minutes. The wine should evaporate to 1/2.
- Remove the wine from the heat, put out the pepper and bay leaf.
- Add a pinch of oregano, thyme, basil. Spices can be dry or fresh.
- Add the broth, soy sauce and sugar. If the wine is sour, you’ll need a little more sugar. The sauce should be sweet-and-sour. Boil the sauce for a couple of minutes.
- Strain the sauce through a sieve to get rid of spices. Add two drops of Tabasco, chopped tomatoes, olives and garlic. Bring to the boil.
- Add parsley, mix and remove from heat.
- Pour in the butter and serve to the fish.
Fish with Polish sauce
This sauce goes well with white fried or boiled fish. Despite the original combination of products, the sauce is delicious.
To prepare the sauce you will need:
- boiled eggs – 2 pcs.;
- butter – 100 g;
- lemon juice – 1/2 pcs.;
- dill or parsley;
- ground black pepper;
- garlic as desired.
How to cook Polish fish sauce
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on a slow fire.
- Grind eggs and greens with a knife (garlic if desired) and add to the butter. Bring the sauce to the boil, constantly stirring. Pour in the lemon juice, add salt and pepper to taste. The sauce is ready.
Enjoy your meal!