It’s not always necessary to marinade fresh meat. It is juicy and tasty in itself. But, to make it even more flavorful, our Joy-pup team has prepared 7 best marinade recipes.
All recipes are calculated per kilogram of meat. They are great for chicken, pork, beef and lamb. From our article, you’ll find out how to marinate meat properly.
Fast shish kebab marinade with onions
Onions are the key element in all recipes. Due to its properties, meat can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days.
- 400-500 g of onions (the kind is not important);
- salt / pepper – one tablespoon;
Just 2 minutes and the marinade is ready. There are 2 variants:
- Cut the onions into rings, put the portion into a bowl, add half a portion of salt, half a portion of pepper. Add the meat and repeat. Then mix thoroughly so that the onion starts up its juice. With this method, you can cook everything by stringing meat and onions alternately on a skewer.
- Grind the onions in a blender. Add salt and pepper. Mix well. To prevent the marinade from burning during cooking, dab each piece of meat with a paper towel.
The first option is suitable for those who like pickled onions and cooks it too. The second is for those who donэt want to catch whole pieces. Regardless of the method chosen, the dish turns out to be very tasty and aromatic.
Shish kebab marinade recipe with kefir
With the help of kefir, you will prepare a juicy kebab. It will be tender and you won’t dry it. But it’s not suitable for young meat.
- 500 g of onion;
- salt, pepper;
- 2 tablespoons of seasoning (khmeli suneli);
- a little less than a liter of kefir.
Cut the onion into rings, add salt, pepper and mash until the juice appears. Add seasoning, meat and mix again. Pour kefir, cover the bowl and stir until kefir completely covers the future kebab.
How to marinade kebab in mineral water?
Thanks to sparkling water, the meat structure softens, the fibres become elastic and due to this, the dish turns out to be tender, juicy and airy. And due to garlic and spices, a pleasant smell is obtained.
You will need the following ingredients:
- vegetable oil;
- salt and pepper to the taste;
- garlic bulb;
- liter of soda (not sweet).
Mix all the ingredients together (onion rings, chopped garlic, a spoonful of oil). Then add meat, mix it and cover it completely with water.
How to marinate meat for a kebab with mint?
At first glance, this may seem unusual, but if you try you’ll definitely fall in love with this recipe. You won’t forget the delicate aroma of mint and the piquancy of the taste. Besides, the meat will simply melt in your mouth.
To prepare the marinade, you will need:
- seasoning for a shish kebab (you can use salt and pepper);
- several bundles of mint (the more mint, the richer aroma you’ll get, but it’s important not to overdo it);
- onion ringlets.
For a start, rub the meat with spices and give it some time. At the bottom of the container (where you will marinate), fill up ¼ of the whole mint, add ¼ of the onion on top and try to squeeze the maximum juice. Put meat on top, cover with onion and mint. Repeat in layers with all remaining ingredients. The last layer is mint. To saturate the taste, you can add a spoonful of vinegar, but it’s not necessary. 20-30 minutes before till the end of the marinating, mix everything well and wait.
Shish kebab with tomato marinade
Сразу в нарезанное мясо добавляем лук, измельченный чеснок и специи. Перемешиваем, заливаем соком или соусом. Накрываем крышкой и «перебиваем». Как будет выглядеть шашлык с томатным маринадом после приготовления, можно увидеть на фото.
This option isn’t for everyone. If you don’t like tomato juice, you can easily transform this recipe to make soy marinade for a kebab. Just replace the main ingredient. Such preparation of meat will soften the fibres, the meat will acquire a red-burgundy shade and fry evenly.
- salt, pepper (or seasoning for shish kebab);
- garlic bulb;
- 1-2 tablespoons of tomato juice or soy sauce.
Add the onion, chopped garlic and spices to the chopped meat right away. Stir, pour juice or sauce. Cover and wait. You can see on a photo what will the kebab with tomato marinade look when it’s done..
Mayonnaise marinade for a shish kebab with vinegar and onion
Some believe that mayonnaise doesn’t allow the meat to be fried, because the edges are burnt, and everything inside is raw. But the error is the percentage of fat. To save money, most people use 30% mayonnaise, but the more, the better (and tastier). We recommend taking 67-72% mayonnaise, then you will forget about burned edges forever.
You will need such ingredients:
- mayonnaise 300-500 g;
- curry (but not required);
- a spoon of vinegar;
- salt and pepper to taste.
Why don’t we try?
It is best to grind all products with a blender to get a homogeneous mass. But, if you like onions, then you can mix everything by hand.
The remaining marinade can be used as a serving sauce.
Barbecue marinade with beer
Have you seen the meat sprayed with beer more than once? We want to note that this method only gives flavour, but does not affect the taste. And if you make a beer marinade, then the kebab will acquire a light (inconspicuous) taste of malt. But it is important to use fresh beer. A poor-quality drink will only ruin everything.
- head of garlic;
- spices to taste (ideal: coriander, paprika);
- salt and pepper;
- a glass of beer.
Combine all the spices, add onion, garlic and meat. Mix well again, fill with beer and leave covered.
How long should the meat be marinated for?
- It is better to leave pork, beef and lamb meat in the marinade for the night (or 5-6 hours), and chicken meat for 3-4 hours.
- Did you know that barbecue in the marinade can be stored for 2-3 days in the refrigerator, and it won’t go bad? It’s all because of onion, which has antibacterial properties!
- Fresh young meat is enough to marinate for two hours. If this is chicken, then 30-40 minutes is more than enough.
- Keep the marinade in the refrigerator before using only if the meat will be marinated for more than 2 hours.