It is hard to imagine any New Year’s holiday without tasty, satisfying and beautiful salads. In every house on the New Year’s table there should be a couple of traditional salads, something like a fur coat and Russian salad, but you always want to cook some new one, special both in taste and in appearance. The beauty of these dishes is that you can get creative and put together different foods yourself. But if you are not ready for experiments, we at Joy-pup have already collected a selection of 10 salads with a spectacular presentation.
For cooking you will need:
- potatoes – 4 pcs. (medium);
- eggs – 4-5 pcs.;
- smoked chicken or turkey fillet – 2 pcs.;
- hard cheese -100-150 g;
- canned cucumbers – 4-6 pcs. medium size;
- red onion – 1 pc. (small onion);
- sour cream – 3 tbsp. l.;
- salt pepper;
- walnut halves;
- green onion.
How to cook:
- Boil potatoes in their skins in salted water. After cooling, peel the skin and cut into small cubes.
- Hard boil the eggs. Clean, cut into small cubes.
- Smoked fillet is also cut into small cubes.
- Cut the onion in the same way, lightly salt.
- Grate cucumbers on a coarse grater, and cheese on a fine grater.
- Mix mayonnaise with sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
Choose a beautiful oval dish and lay out the salad in layers, smearing them with mayonnaise sauce with sour cream. Try to shape it into a pineapple.
- a layer of potatoes, season with salt and pepper + a thin layer of sauce;
- onion layer;
- half meat + some sauce;
- cucumbers, salt, pepper + a thin layer of sauce;
- the rest of the meat + sauce;
- salt the eggs, pepper + sauce;
- grated cheese.
Lubricate everything with the remaining mayonnaise-cheese sauce (top and sides). Lay walnut halves on top, one next to the other and decorate with green onions.
Salad “Russian Beauty”
The dish looks very impressive, but you need to try to form a kokoshnik. Be creative while decorating. Use olives, cranberries, corn, fresh cucumbers, parsley. Lettuce can be laid out in layers, but you can just mix.
- boiled chicken breast – 200 g;
- ham – 200 g;
- hard-boiled eggs – 2 pcs.;
- hard cheese – 150 g;
- tomatoes – 2 pcs.;
- green onions;
- medium-sized cucumber – 0.5 pcs.;
- red bell pepper – 0.5 pcs.;
- mayonnaise – 150 g;
- green or black olives for serving;
- any greens for serving;
- hot pepper;
How to cook:
- Chicken breast should be boiled for 40 minutes.
- Boil eggs for 3 minutes.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into strips.
- Pepper also cut into strips.
- Tomatoes – cubes.
- Cut green onions.
- Wash the greens, dry with a paper towel.
Let’s start building the crown. Salt and pepper each layer, sprinkle with lemon juice and spread with mayonnaise. Spread ham first, then cucumbers, pepper strips, tomatoes, green onions, cheese, eggs. Again anoint with mayonnaise and decorate to personal taste.
Salad “Slice of watermelon”
- fried chicken breast – 220 g;
- boiled potatoes – 1 pc.;
- grated cheese – 40 g;
- hard-boiled eggs – 2 pcs.;
- parsley – 2-3 large handfuls;
- grated red pepper – 1 pc.;
- peel from 1 medium cucumber;
- salt pepper;
- black olives to simulate seeds;
- ketchup and mayonnaise – 3 tbsp. l.
- Finely chop meat and eggs.
- Put the yolks in the salad, and leave the whites for decoration.
- Mix meat, yolks, cheese, potatoes and 2 tbsp. l. chopped parsley.
- Add salt, pepper, ketchup, mayonnaise, mix.
- Now the most difficult thing is to form the shape of a slice of watermelon. You can use the ring. Lubricate the sides.
- Let the salad cool slightly in the refrigerator.
- To better keep the greens on the sides, lightly grease them with mayonnaise.
- Proceed to decorate: grate the bell pepper and squeeze out, if any, excess juice. Chop the remaining greens and mix with grated cucumber peel. Lay as shown in the photo.
Layered salad with tuna
To make the dish look beautiful, it is better to serve in a transparent dish. For color, you can add, for example, green peas, red lentils, boiled diced beets.
- 1 can of tuna in oil;
- 1/2 can of corn;
- 100 g hard cheese (like cheddar)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs;
- green onions;
- 3 art. l. mayonnaise;
- 1 st. l. ketchup;
- ground hot pepper.
- Remove the tuna pieces from the oil and crush with a fork;
- Drain the corn.
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs, separate the yolks from the whites, cut them finely and place them in separate bowls.
- Cheese grate with large cells.
- Chop the green onion.
- Mix mayonnaise with ketchup, season with salt and pepper.
- Put the salad in a bowl in layers: half of the hard cheese, chopped egg white, half of the sauce, onion, tuna, the rest of the sauce, the rest of the cheese and chopped yolk.
Festive salad with corn and salmon
- canned corn – 1 can;
- smoked salmon – 100 g;
- red bell pepper – 1 pc.;
- celery stalks – 2 pcs.;
- onions – ½ pcs.;
- lemon juice;
- rapeseed or olive oil.
- Finely chop the onion. To get rid of bitterness, rinse with boiling water through a strainer.
- Bulgarian pepper and celery cut into small cubes.
- Mash the salmon with a fork.
- Make a separate dressing: salt, pepper, oil, lemon juice.
- Salad can be mixed in a common salad bowl or served in portions, laid out in layers. Mix all ingredients and add corn.
- Decorate with dill on top.
Original octopus salad
What products are needed:
- boiled or canned octopuses – 300 g;
- tomato – 1-2 pcs.;
- fresh cucumber – 1 pc.;
- bell pepper or carrot – 1 pc.;
- a bunch of lettuce;
- olive oil – 2 tbsp. l.;
- ground black pepper.
Ready in minutes: cut vegetables and octopus, mix. Put lettuce leaves on a plate, vegetables with octopuses on top. Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper dressing.
Spring mood at the New Year’s table – Hyacinths salad
- half-smoked sausage – 120 g;
- eggs – 3 pcs.;
- processed cheese – 100 g;
- red cabbage – 350 g;
- water – 100 ml;
- garlic – 1 clove;
- mayonnaise – 3-5 tbsp. l.;
- carrots – 20 g;
- some green onions.
How to cook:
- Boil the eggs for 10 minutes.
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Grate the yolks on a fine grater.
- Cheese and proteins – on a coarse grater.
- Cut the sausage into small cubes.
- Crush the garlic through a press.
- Shred the red cabbage. Grind a small handful in a blender, fill with water for a few minutes, and then strain.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped cabbage with salt, add garlic and mix.
- Now you need to color the whites. Fill them with the resulting purple liquid and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Layer cabbage, cheese and sausage alternately. Lubricate each layer with mayonnaise. Put the grated yolks on top and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
- Grate the carrots on a Korean carrot grater or cut into small strips.
- Drain the liquid from the proteins.
- And now start creating a delicious masterpiece: lay out hyacinths from proteins, onions will go to the stems, and carrots to the bow.
A simple salad in an exceptional serving “Bouquet”
- 5 hard-boiled eggs;
- 1 small onion;
- 250 g smoked salmon;
- 2 boiled potatoes;
- 3 small boiled carrots;
For decoration: ribbons of carrots, green onions.
- Grate 4 proteins on a coarse grater.
- Break up the yolks.
- Grate potatoes and 2 carrots, and finely chop the onion.
- Salmon cut into pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients, salt, pepper, season with mayonnaise. Put in a dish and decorate with flowers.
- To create a bouquet, cut carrots into ribbons using a paring knife. Cut the petals out of the squirrel in the shape of diamonds. Make stems from onions.
Salad with chicken
- 2 boiled, baked or smoked chicken breasts;
- 100 g of gouda cheese;
- 8 pcs. prunes;
- 8 pcs. dried apricots;
- 1 can of corn;
- 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise (or thick natural yogurt);
Cut chicken breasts into large cubes. Cheese, apricots and prunes also cut into cubes, put all the ingredients in a large bowl. Add corn without brine, lightly season with salt, mayonnaise (or yogurt). To combine the flavors, mix and refrigerate for at least half an hour.
Salad with green peas and shrimps
For this salad, it is best to use frozen peas. Boiling peas is easy: drop them into boiling water and boil for 5-10 minutes. But so that the peas do not lose their juicy green color, add 1 tbsp. l. Sahara. Once boiled, rinse with cold water.
- canned peas – 1 can or frozen 400 g;
- small frozen shrimp – 200 g;
- dill – 1 bunch;
- mayonnaise – 2-3 tbsp. l.;
- garlic – 2 large cloves;
Throw the shrimp in boiling water for 1 minute, and then cool. Prepare the peas as described above. Chop the dill, pass the garlic through a press.
Mix peas with shrimp, dill and garlic in a salad bowl, add mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper.