In summer, you want to treat yourself to delicious, nutritious and fresh dishes. This is what you can call green borscht, which is included in the classic menu of almost every person. It is prepared from sorrel, nettle, with the addition of rice or other porridge. There are many variations of this borscht. In joy-pup we will show you the best green borscht recipes.
By the way! Borscht used to be green. It did not contain the usual beets or cabbage. Instead, the housewives added onions, potatoes, carrots, sorrel, young nettles and quinoa. And of course, they prepared it in the summer season, when it was possible to collect these plants.
Recipe for classic green borscht with sorrel
Prepare the following ingredients:
- meat (pork, beef or chicken) – 400 g;
- potatoes – 4-5 pieces;
- two hard-boiled eggs;
- one carrot;
- green onions;
- sorrel – 150 g;
- vegetable oil;
- pepper, salt, bay leaf.
Step by step cooking
- Cut the meat into small slices, put to boil in water, salt. Don’t forget to skim off the foam.
- Add diced potatoes to almost ready meat, leave to boil.
- Peel hard-boiled eggs, cut into small cubes. Pour them into a pan, pre-pour sunflower oil. Add the grated carrots and stir in the fry.
- Simmer the ingredients in a pan for 5-10 minutes, then add them to the borscht, mix. Finely chop the sorrel and green onion, add to the other ingredients. Salt the borscht, add a little pepper and one bay leaf.
By the way, at the end of cooking, you can put a few tablespoons of sour cream in borscht. Then it will come out rich and very nutritious.
Green borscht with nettle
For it you will need:
- young cabbage – 500 g;
- young nettle – 300 g;
- one green sweet pepper;
- green onions – 100 g;
- parsley – 50 g;
- garlic – to taste;
- vegetable oil, sour cream, salt, ground pepper.
Step by step cooking
- Wash the nettle, remove the tough stems, chop finely. Chop cabbage and pepper finely.
- Cut the green onion and parsley into small pieces, crush the garlic and chop.
- Pour sunflower oil into a saucepan with a thick bottom, put pepper, fry for five minutes. Then add green onions and garlic.
- Pour boiling water over ingredients, add cabbage and boil for five minutes. Add nettle and parsley, boil for another five minutes. Salt, pepper and leave for a few minutes on the stove so that the borscht comes to an end.
When serving, add sour cream to the borscht to taste.
Vegetarian green borscht
It is cooked according to the same recipe as the classic green borscht, but without meat. When serving, you can add half a hard-boiled egg and sour cream to each plate.