Very tasty and healthy dishes are prepared from chickpeas. They are suitable even for a dietary table. At the same time, depending on the choice of recipe, chickpeas can remain crispy or be incredibly tender. We at joy-pup offer several nutritious chickpea dishes that can replace regular cereals and help you diversify your menu.
How to cook chickpeas for a side dish
Tired of porridge? An excellent option in this case would be a side dish with chickpeas. It will please you with the maximum amount of nutrients and satiety. It won’t be difficult to prepare it.
Step by step preparation:
- Cover the chickpeas with water, then salt the water and add the oil, onion, salt and pepper to it.
- Put on a very slow fire and bring to a boil. Add chopped vegetables, seaweed, if desired, herbs, seasonings to taste.
- You need to cook the chickpeas until they are soft. This will take 15 to 20 minutes.
Your chickpea garnish is ready to serve!
How to cook chickpeas with meat
It is believed that such a dish came to us from the East. But today it is enjoyed with pleasure in different countries of the world, because it is not only tasty, but also nutritious. By the way, it will replace many of the usual dishes that you serve on the table.
- A couple glasses of chickpeas
- 200-300 grams of any meat
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 4-5 green onions
- Salt, pepper to taste
- A little oil (for each cup of chickpeas)
Step by step recipe:
- Start by cooking the meat. Cut the onion and garlic into small pieces. Take a deep frying pan, add oil to it and fry the meat with onion and garlic in it. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Now start cooking chickpeas. Take two cups of chickpeas and add about two cups of water to them. Cover the pan with a lid and bring the chickpeas to a boil. The chickpeas will be ready in about 10-15 minutes.
- When the meat is browned and the chickpeas are ready, add the meat to the pan with the chickpeas. Bring everything to a boil and season with salt and pepper to taste. The finished dish can be served with fresh herbs and lemon. Enjoy your meal!
How to cook chickpeas with vegetables
If you want to treat yourself to a diet yet nutritious dish, cook chickpeas with vegetables. The cooking itself will not take you much time.
You will need these ingredients:
- 2 cups large chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons sesame
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 onion
- grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fry chickpeas in oil until golden brown. Add mustard and sesame seeds and mix everything together.
- Peel and cut carrots, onions. Together with the green beans, add to the chickpeas and stir.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and mix everything together.
- Add grated cheese and mix until smooth.
- Leave for a couple of minutes until the chickpeas reach the desired consistency and you’re done!
You will definitely like such recipes and will often appear on your table.
Only registered users can leave comments